Monday, February 7, 2011

Was Super Bowl XLV Scrumpdeliumptious?

It certainly drew a huge audience. Some of the commercials, such as mini-Darth Vader, were awfully cute. The baby E-Trade commercials are always a bit hit. But the game itself seemed slow and sluggish until the last ten minutes, when Green Bay turned on the juice and the Steelers coasted.

I did not watch the half-time show, but it didn't seem like a big winner. At the top of the game, I tried to watch Cristina Aguilera sing our national anthem. However, she ground the opening measures to dust in the melisma cement mixer, and I turned off the TV.

I heard that Fergie was valiant. Perhaps the game was great. I'll bet the home parties and tailgaters were fun. Fairway Market certainly was sold out of treats.

I'll wait until next year for the Bears, who are certain to a) be there and b) win big!

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come."

-Alexander Pope,
An Essay on Man, Epistle I, 1733


Good-night and good dreams to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment